Cooking With Courtney-Lemon Drop Cookies
This month, dessert is on the menu! And we’ve got a light, sugary and sometimes tart recipe for you – Lemon Drop Cookies! We made these last weekend and they turned out delicious! The only change we’d make is to make sure you use parchment paper on your cookie tray to make it easier to remove these sugary goodness concoctions with ease! Thanks to Taste of Home for the idea!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely crushed lemon drops
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, cream and zest. Combine the flour, lemon drops, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks
Nestled just below the southern border of Lake Ontario, Rochester and the Finger Lakes regions are a culturally rich and stunningly beautiful part of Western New York. This blog will take you to some of the most wonderful places and events our area has to offer and give you a little insight to our little corner of the world!
Courtney Dudek Licensed Associate Broker
Never miss a thing! Subscribe and have new posts sent right to your inbox!